Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Shagged out

Sex during pregnancy? Not so far! Her boobs hurt, her belly hurts, her back hurts and she's not sleeping too well.

Correspondingly, I am having the most lurid dreams sleeping like, well, a baby. Any advances I make are firmly rebuffed.

Not that I mind. I worry about anything - anything - that might harm the pregnancy or the baby. It took us a year before she fell pregnant, and I'm buggered (probably not the best choice of word) if we'll risk anything at this stage.

And shagged out she is. By about 3pm she is utterly knackered, and all she wants to do is sleep. Not helped by going off food, retching and being unable to sleep even when she is tired.

It's not difficult for me, it must be terrible for her. And it's not like having a broken arm where she gets any sympathy from me, and in any case we have promised ourselves that we will tell no-one about that we're having a baby until the first scan.

Am at least getting the hang of the terminology: first trimester, second trimester, third trimester, bingo!

No comments: