Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Life Goes On

Not exactly to do with pregnancy and babies... Thought you might appreciate a first-hand report of the Wimbledon Beekeeper's Association Honey Show and Christmas Party (I keep bees... life goes on, even when it's turning upside down!).

The WBKA Christmas Party and Honey Show was everything it promised, complete with a quiz and good-natured cries of "fix" when the Association Secretary won Best Honey award! It was great fun.

We had an unexpectedly enjoyable, truly eccentric evening. I leave you with the highlight: the Association Secretary presenting The Peter Gadge Memorial Cup. The presentation went something like this:

"Now we come to the presentation of the prestigious Peter Gadge Memorial Cup, in memory of Peter Gadge. Anyone remember Peter Gadge?" (A shuffling pause.) "Well, er, nor do I. Mr Norman Chapman, as our oldest member, do you remember Peter Gadge?"

Norman: "No, but I met his wife."

"Thank you Norman. I won't enquire. Well, moving on then, the Peter Gadge Memorial Cup is for, well, I don't exactly remember. Still, I'd like to present it, so step forward Margaret for the Gadge Cup." (A ripple of applause.) "Oh, and one more thing, I can't present it tonight, because we've lost it."

Back to the pregancy next post, I promise.

No comments: