Thursday, January 18, 2007

blind panic and desperate tiredness.com

A mate, Tom, who is four months ahead of me (his daughter Katya Grace was born on 14 September), wrote:

"I did have a look at it [this blog] when you first mentioned it. I think I was the mint choc chip ice cream day. I think it is more of an expurgation than catharsis - an intellectual form of shouting it out of the window, telling your parents or blabbering to your mates after too many pints.

However a very useful and admirable device. I must say that I could do with some form of regular unloading called 'God I have got a lot on, it's really exciting but I alternate between blind panic and desperate tiredness.com.' I think it is called being alive, a by product of taking on responsibility but it does flag up the lack of support structures in our world for the average bloke who doesn't have mates or family nearby, doesn't play football or support West Ham - or is obsessed about fishing.

So, houses, wives, babies, businesses, ageing parents, occasionally difficult siblings, employees, accountants, middle aged spread and being ginger! Let's acknowledge ourselves for what fine fellows we are and commend ourselves for taking everything that Landmark had to offer and using to produce the most amazing lives possible.

Cheers - and I will read your blog regularly but only if I get a mention once a month. This could be the Bridget Jones of blokes!!!"

Thank you Tom. Does this count as your mention?

No comments: