No baby yet at 40 weeks +3. If there is no sign of action, then the next stage is a 'sweep.' The midwife described giving a sweep as "basically, sticking my fingers up and fiddling about a bit." (I paraphrase here for brevity, you understand.)
Pic from the bizarrely good http://www.toonhound.com/sooty.htm, where Sweep is very much second fiddle to the more glamorous (and paradoxically much yellower) Sooty.
PS Checkout http://www.toonhound.com/aboutme.htm for toonhound's claim to fame.
- Now I know what it's all about...
- Mad as a fish
- ...and pregnant bloke will be no more
- Hurry up and wait
- Show & Tell
- Latest addition: Edward Arthur
- If I had thought of it earlier... D'oh!
- Curry, pineapple, sex and Scorsese
- It's quiet, too damned quiet...
- I bet he has Buggers' Tufts, too.
- Read the books, done the course, bought the kit an...
- Homeopathy or hospital?
- Bit of a do
- Almost an armful
- June (29)
- May (32)
- April (24)
- March (41)
- February (25)
- January (29)
- July (15)