Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Moon Unit and the Berk Test


Trevor, four-month Dad, reckons on having Critical Tests for a baby's name. I particularly like the first one, the Berk Test:

Would you feel like a berk shouting it across the park?
How does it sound when you are scolding?
Will it work for a teenage lover?
How will it sound for a pensioner?

Frank Zappa's famously named daughter has grown tired of her Moon Unit moniker, and has, I hear, decided on something more prosaic... she's gone for Moon Zappa. Both style and class in one name, I feel.

If we can't have Moon Unit, how about Uranus?

Maybe not.

Visit http://www.zappa.com/ I remember him as Zappa the Crapper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was keen on following the 'place of conception' naming convention a la Brooklyn Beckham. Thought 'Parkbench Burge' had a certain ring to it.

Or how about local place names? I suggested 'Stoughton' as being a vigorous, manly sounding name for the son and heir- vetoed obviously. What about 'Morden', 'Barnes', 'Mitcham' to name but a few.